Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Changes

So...as you probably know, we are moving/have moved from our wonderful, homey, cozy, much much too small condo into a rental that our friend just bought.  We will close on our condo sell on Friday.  The plan is to find a single family here in this town we love so much but for now we are just waiting for our dream house (and a couple thousand dollars to make up for the tiny bit of a low price we accepted).  I'll have some pictures of our cute little apartment to show later but for now I have three cute kid stories.

1 - One of the days that Aaron took off to help pack I had a short meeting to run to while the girls ate breakfast.  With my ponytail, jean skirt and cardigan I was ready to head out the door when Meggie says "Mom!  You BARBIE!"  And yes, I floated around all day because of that comment.

2 - Same day I was feeling bad for upheaving the girl's lives (although they've been nothing but excited to move) and apologized to Tessa that the house was such a mess.  She looked around, bewildered, "Mom, its not messy...all the stuff is in BOXES."

All in one day, a daughter who thinks I look like Barbie and one who thinks I'm a decent housekeeper.  Bliss.

3 - The story in which we anthropomorphize our house.  Meg has struggled a little bit with all the change around here, but not as much as I thought she would based on the fact that "House" has been a character in her chatter for quite some time.  In her prayers she thanks Heavenly Father, not for our house, but simply for "House."  And the other day I listened to this conversation.

Tessa:  You can be on a team with Momma and I'll be on a team with Daddy and Quincy.

Meg:  Momma and House.

Tessa: No, just Momma.

Meg:  No!  Momma and House.

Tessa:  No silly Meg, you can't have House on your team, a house doesn't have arms and you have to be able to HUG to be on a TEAM.

Meg: O-kay.


6 comments:

Ashley said...

Those are three really sweet stories. Congrats on the move!

Crystal said...

I think I will have to pack my all-time favorite book when I was a kid for Meg to read because the house sprouts legs and eyes and runs away.
I loved your condo and have many great memories attached to it. Luckily those are transportable too :)

MindySue said...

I love that. Maybe she has an imaginary friend named House?

I want to see pictures of your apartment...

Jamie said...

Wahoo, house close on Friday! *sniff* I'll miss your old condo. :)

indeazgirl said...

I love those stories. And I adore Tessa's logic...both about the boxes AND the hugging. That's a much better reason than I would have come up with :-) You must have a loving home.

Ashley said...

Hey! Just a friendly reminder. It has now been over a year since you updated your blog. What the heck are you up too?!?! How am I supposed to know!!! ;)