Sunday, November 16, 2008

Emily's Helpful Marriage Tip

This will solve 0.5% of your marriage woes - you are on your own for the other 99.5%

Tip 1-A: Make sure your bedspread has a pattern with an easily recognizable center (I of course think pieced quilts work best for this). That way when you make the bed you know that each half of the bed has the exact same amount of covers.

Tip 1-B: Make sure you have a headboard with a easily recognizable center (combining this with a matching foot board works even better.) That way you know for sure that you are justified asking your partner to scoot over when they are hogging the bed! Of course this is always said in a loving manner.

4 comments:

CurtisandMindy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is an excellent tip! I can just see this blog forming in your head in the middle of the night.

Mattsmom said...

So funny! Craig is currently RANTING about this topic. He is SO wrong of course!
If only we had the funds to fulfill your tips!

Crystal said...

what do you do when they sleep diagonal and justify it by saying you sleep in a ball anyway?

I've tried kicking his feet....but that gets me yelled at by a sleepy husband

Tara said...

The real trick is to get a husband that likes his space as much as you do-- hug and kiss while awake and scoot to opposite sides as far away as possible before falling asleep ;0) But for those of us who can't be changing sleeping habits or husbands your tips are very handy.