Thursday, January 28, 2010

Mommy and Daddy time

While it is undeniable that Tessa and Meg adore each other there is still something wonderful about getting your Mommy and Daddy's full, undivided attention. Generally this happens when one kiddo is asleep and the other awake (ie, Meg gets the early morning attention and Tessa gets the night attention). They both glow when they are nestled between us reading stories in bed.

And speaking of that, Meg did get to go on a fun "date" with Mommy and Daddy in October (yes, 3 months ago...I'm behind) that I must brag about.

Because our stake lacks a stake center we have had all sorts of arrangements for stake conference. Its a good thing our stake center will be finished soon because it would be hard to top this last stake conference. With Elder Ballard slated to attend the crowd was expected to be huge - so - the adult session (held Friday night, to avoid Halloween) was held in...


...Trinity Church.

I can't tell you how cool that was! When I found out the location my first thought was "I hope Aaron enjoys his time with girls while I attend stake conference." Okay - truthfully it was :

I'M GOING, I'M GOING, I'M GOING.

Since Aaron's thoughts were pretty much the same we instead got a babysitter for Tessa and toted little Meg along with us.

(Complete with Halloween jammies)

Do I even need to tell you how great it was? The space was beautiful and historic. And acoustically - vastly superior to the gymnasium.


Oh yes, and the message. I'd like to think that I would have made it such a priority to attend if the only draw was Elder Ballard. Yes - I think I would have. But I'll never really know because I was so pumped about having a service in such an amazing space. That said, I did really enjoy his message and the personal level at which he spoke to us. He said many things - but what has impacted my life the most since then is advice he gave that is applicable to anyone.

"Take time out daily for quiet moments of reflection."



5 comments:

Sweet Em said...

To Do: Post about October activities. DONE. Now for Thanksgiving, Gma and Gpa Udy visit, Christmas, my THIRTIETH birthday...

MindySue said...

WOW!!! That's gorgeous! It would have been so cool to attend. I must admit to occasionally wishing we had a little bit more "beauty" in our church buildings. I like stained glass windows and the like...

Lys said...

LUCKY!!!!!!!!(and one more to say just how lucky you are and slack jawed i am)!
but then i'm easy. i'd watch c-span from trinity church if given the opportunity.

Brent and Tracie said...

We would have pretended to be a member of your ward for that event as well:)

I'm anxious to hear about the Thirtieth b-day...I still have a few more months till mine to prepare myself.

indeazgirl said...

I just realized I forgot you birthday. But i don't have a calendar yet so that's probably why.
Happy belated birthday!!
Hope it was awesome!
(And that church is AMAZING. How freaking sweet is that?!)